is extended to all who have come to Saint Ignatius and to the
Chapel of Saint Ann to join together in this community of worship and praise to
Almighty God. We are grateful to our faithful parishioners who come to our church
every weekend. Also, we welcome our neighbors and guests who visit us occasionally
and want them to know they are always welcome.
St. Ignatius Church was established
in 1885 for Irish Immigrants who settled in what is now Pringle. St. Hedwig's
Church (Polish) was established in 1901 and St. Mary's Annunciation church (Lithuanian)
was established in 1902. These three were consolidated into St. Ignatius Loyola
Parish in 2007-2009. This blending has brought a new awareness of ethnic customs
and spirituality. St. Ignatius Loyola Parish remains committed to exemplifying
a contemporary approach to Church. It is active in liturgy, social outreach, cultural
exchange, and spirituality. In line with diocesan guidelines, the Parish Pastoral
Council is forming a five year pastoral plan based on the areas of Word, Worship,
Community, and Service, as put forth by Bishop Joseph Bambera in his pastoral
letter, Wounded and Loved, Regathering the Scattered
. Further information
on this can be found below in the hypertext link, "Bishop Bambera's Pastoral
letter "Wounded and Loved, Regathering the Scattered."
Based on the Bishop's pastoral, Wounded and Loved, Regathering the Scattered
the ministries of the parish can be structured around Word, Worship, Community
and Service and implemented by Servant Leadership.